I recently had a customer report that their Windows 10 deployment was taking 7+ hours to complete at one of their remote sites. After confirming that the machine was pulling content from it’s local Distribution Point, I started looking at the server itself, which is running Windows Server 2016.
The customer mentioned to me that they had enabled LEDBAT on this Distribution Point via the ConfigMgr console, and had then disabled it after hearing reports of OSD issues at this site.
I came across this article which stated that a misconfiguration of LEDBAT could cause slow download speeds when pulling content from a Distribution Point, so I decided to double check that this wasn’t the case. Instead I found that there were still traces of incorrect LEDBAT configuration on this server even though it had been disabled via the ConfigMgr console.
After running the following PowerShell command to remove this configuration, and then confirming it no longer existed, build times returned to normal![ps]Remove-NetTransportFilter -SettingName DatacenterCustom[/ps]
Note that the Primary Site server has the latest 1806 update rollup installed which has fixes for LEDBAT configuration issues, however I am not sure if it was installed after LEDBAT had been enabled on this Distribution Point.
So if you hear that deployments are taking a long time to complete, check that LEDBAT misconfiguration isn’t causing the problem!
Hope this helps!